Skip to main content

Street Snack at Taipei

Hello, welcome back!

I will take you back in my days traveling  studying at National Taiwan University. After opening ceremony of BACT summer course program and touring around Taipei on the first day at school, my new friends and I will explore street food at night. I was grateful that I can hunt for food with them because I have food restriction (can't eat pork) and my knowledge of Chinese language is close to zero >_<

If I'm not mistaken we gathered outside the dormitory at 6 pm. If I remembered there are several student that gathered that night because we just met and couldn't wait to get to know each other. There were Clara, Rebbeca, Jingyi, Joshua, Bao Chai, Heder, Jinhui, and I that hungry and eager to explore Taipei street food. We met and Joshua lead us because he already exploring the area around campus and this was not his irst time visiting Taiwan. We explore the street near our campus and dormitory. Yes, our dormitory is outside campus but it only 10 minute walking. 

The street area is not too different with the situation in Indonesia. If you are studying in Malang it feels like Sumber Sari Area near Brawijaya University. If you studying at Bogor it feels like Babakan Raya / BARA (Dramaga). It is only slightly different.. The food is slightly higher than the price at Bogor or Malang, but if you life at Jakarta the price probably about the same. As we know Taipei is the capital city of Taiwan so it is understandable that the price is higher here. 


I finally find this one food seller that serving food that I could eat and reasonable price. Most of my friend were already got their food. It was very hard to find street food here that not containing pork. People here eat pork as their source of protein, during war the only animal that were abundant is pork, so it was understandable they use it as their main protein source. This vendor was actually not pork free.. But the pork meat only for the topping. Hence by eliminated the topping I could eat this food.

My happy face anticipating the first street food I bought.

I ate it and it tasted so good!

No wonder it tasted good because the lady used a cool tools to cook it ^_^

We strolled around again for a while before going back to dorm. I was happy and grateful meeting with very nice students that help me out a lot during food hunting moment. I will writes more about my day in Taiwan so keep reading my blog and check out my new updates.

See you on next post.. XOXO..

<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-2024529276457199" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tur Gratis di Singapura

Halo pecinta blog, kali ini aku bakal bahas tentang blog post Singapore Free Tour. Buat kalian yg lagi mau keluar negeri dan milih buat transit, terutama yang mau transit di Singapura wajib banget nyimak post kali ini. Enjoooooy.  Diambil dari blogpost 21 Agustus 2018 berjudul Singapore Free Tour.  Bulan lalu aku mengikuti pertukaran pelajar di National Taiwan University (NTU). Sebelum terbang ke Taiwan pesawatku transit dulu di Singapura selama lebih dari 6 jam. Jadi aku mulai nyari dong kira-kira bakalan ngapain aja di Changi Airport. Setelah searching di internet aku kaget ternyata mereka punya program tus gratis di Singapura, jadi kalian bisa keliling jalan-jalan di Singapura selama 3 jam. Kayaknya bukan aku aja semua orang juga pasti seneng yang "gratis" ya kan, jadi aku lanjut cari informasi tentang program ini. Jadi untuk blog post kali ini aku bakal ngasih tau kesanku ngikut tur gratis ini.  Taraaaa ini dia tiketnya. Jadi setiap peserta tur gratis ini

Weekend Travel around NTU Campus

Today is a holiday. I explore place around the dorm in holiday. I like the architecture here. And I found a tiny area for children to play. The children can play happily here. In Taipei, most of the citizen living in apartment, they don't have their own garden. This public space for children is very useful. This is very nice. The child plays happily Even though I do a solo travelling but I feel safe because the neighbourhood is not crowded. My destination is Taipei Grand Mosque. I search on google map it is not far from the dorm. So I go there and planning to pray there. Taipei Grand Mosque It is not as big as I imagine considering Indonesia grand mosque is so big with 10 floor. The mosque only has 2 floors but it is clean and comfortable. I pretty impress because there are a lot of people in the mosque. Apparently, there is someone die. In Muslim rules if there is someone die then at least 40 people should pray for the corpse and wishing he has a pleasant

Shung Ye Museum and Taiwan's National Palace Museum

Back to my story while I was in Taiwan joining BACT NTU. That day July 14th 2018 we went to National Palace Museum, but first we were coming to Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigin. It located very near from National Palace Museum, only 5 minute walking. We use city bus to go there. This is my first time using bus in Taiwan. I like to ride the bus. It is clean and comfortable, I sit with Sarah and she said she also like to use public transportation.  Inside Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigin We have guided tour here. The tour guide is very good on explaining the content of the museum. First she take us to look around in th first floor. The first floor is about people and natural environment of Taiwan. An introduction to environment inhabited by Taiwan indigenous people is displayed. The interpretation of the aborigin people is displayed in an informative board. There is a Yami (Tao) fishing boat representing the maritime environment. The most interesting part in the firs