Skip to main content

Rice Harvesting in National Taiwan University


First day at May after several weeks quarantine alone in room. I decide to write more about the place or memory that I want to cherish. Today’s post will be about my days in Taiwan when I was doing summer school at National Taiwan University.


Today, we use farmer’s hat and ready to go to rice field. We experienced how to harvest rice. We have to cut the plant at the bottom so we have some stem to hold when we put it on traditional grinder. We use traditional grinder equipment to harvest rice and separate the seed from the other part of the plant. All of us take time to try using the tools. This is not the first time I harvest rice but it still a nice experience.

For other participant this were their first time harvesting rice. This  harvesting job was not easy. We all worked very hard but had fun at the same time. We also did group picture aft finishing our task (Picture below). The sun shined brightly, it encouraging us to do more hardwork. By the way we still have to go to class after this.


After that we go to process the rice. We sort out rice with a traditional machine. The purpose is to separate the empty seed with full seed. Next we use modern machine to peel the seed so we will get the white rice. Sorry I lost the picture but we all experiencing the old and new mechanics to produce rice.  


Before going back to class I find this nice spot next to the field. It was sunny day and super hot. But, I still stopped here to take a picture ^_^ Taking picture for me is not only for Instagram post or blog post but also to preserve the memory. How out you? Do you like tang picture at random place just to makes memories too?


We also have class and it my favorite subject: Introduction of rural Taiwan. It so nice to know Taiwan rural condition because I learn about rural sociology at my hometown. She provide a lot of interesting fact and also statistic about self sufficiency level and how the condition of farmer household in Taiwan. Sociology is my favorite subject because it learnt abot society, What is your favorite subject? Tell me at Instagram @rizkytrisnaputri.. I would be happy to hear from you all ^_^

See you on next post.. XOXO..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tur Gratis di Singapura

Halo pecinta blog, kali ini aku bakal bahas tentang blog post Singapore Free Tour. Buat kalian yg lagi mau keluar negeri dan milih buat transit, terutama yang mau transit di Singapura wajib banget nyimak post kali ini. Enjoooooy.  Diambil dari blogpost 21 Agustus 2018 berjudul Singapore Free Tour.  Bulan lalu aku mengikuti pertukaran pelajar di National Taiwan University (NTU). Sebelum terbang ke Taiwan pesawatku transit dulu di Singapura selama lebih dari 6 jam. Jadi aku mulai nyari dong kira-kira bakalan ngapain aja di Changi Airport. Setelah searching di internet aku kaget ternyata mereka punya program tus gratis di Singapura, jadi kalian bisa keliling jalan-jalan di Singapura selama 3 jam. Kayaknya bukan aku aja semua orang juga pasti seneng yang "gratis" ya kan, jadi aku lanjut cari informasi tentang program ini. Jadi untuk blog post kali ini aku bakal ngasih tau kesanku ngikut tur gratis ini.  Taraaaa ini dia tiketnya. Jadi setiap peserta tur gratis ini

Weekend Travel around NTU Campus

Today is a holiday. I explore place around the dorm in holiday. I like the architecture here. And I found a tiny area for children to play. The children can play happily here. In Taipei, most of the citizen living in apartment, they don't have their own garden. This public space for children is very useful. This is very nice. The child plays happily Even though I do a solo travelling but I feel safe because the neighbourhood is not crowded. My destination is Taipei Grand Mosque. I search on google map it is not far from the dorm. So I go there and planning to pray there. Taipei Grand Mosque It is not as big as I imagine considering Indonesia grand mosque is so big with 10 floor. The mosque only has 2 floors but it is clean and comfortable. I pretty impress because there are a lot of people in the mosque. Apparently, there is someone die. In Muslim rules if there is someone die then at least 40 people should pray for the corpse and wishing he has a pleasant

Shung Ye Museum and Taiwan's National Palace Museum

Back to my story while I was in Taiwan joining BACT NTU. That day July 14th 2018 we went to National Palace Museum, but first we were coming to Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigin. It located very near from National Palace Museum, only 5 minute walking. We use city bus to go there. This is my first time using bus in Taiwan. I like to ride the bus. It is clean and comfortable, I sit with Sarah and she said she also like to use public transportation.  Inside Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigin We have guided tour here. The tour guide is very good on explaining the content of the museum. First she take us to look around in th first floor. The first floor is about people and natural environment of Taiwan. An introduction to environment inhabited by Taiwan indigenous people is displayed. The interpretation of the aborigin people is displayed in an informative board. There is a Yami (Tao) fishing boat representing the maritime environment. The most interesting part in the firs