Skip to main content

National Taiwan University


I am lucky last year I spent a month doing a summer course program in National Taiwan University (NTU). This  is the NTU main gate. I will tell you my second day in NTU. In the morning we getting to know NTU in  a very interesting way. We do a scavenger hunt. First post we go to Fuming Hall building, it is a good building but it will be tear down soon because they want to build a brand new building there (sorry, no pics for the building). There also post that located in drunken moon lake. Before renovation drunken moon lake is in very bad condition because the water is heavily polluted. Now as you can see the scenery there so beautiful.


After that we go to Gallery of NTU History. I like the anthropology museum. It has a lot of interesting object. We learn so much history of NTU. We also look at the miniature of NTU map that attach to the wall. It is so good. At the front of the gallery this nice lady is welcome us and she accompany us during the tour inside the gallery.


What wow me more about this place is the inside. I thought this place will be perfect place to read or studying. It has calm vibes that will make some people yawn.. But I really like to study in library or a very nice environment like this one, nicely decorated. It doesn't feels too modern but also not old.


I will happy to study here everyday. the big window invites light to come inside the gallery, but not too bright because the outside is trees (as you can see in the picture). The light and the outside plants is perfect place to enhance concentration during studying. There also cute dolls in the table (Unfortunately, not all table have this cute things).


After that my friend Peiwen and Rebecca take me to dinner outside campus. I have eating restriction can not eats pork, while Rebecca can eat any meats and Peiwen is vegetarian. it difficult to find a place that met our need and choice of food. I am from Indonesia, while Rebecca from China but currently studying at Canada, only Peiwen is from NTU. We trust Peiwen to find perfect place for us to eat together.


Yeaaay, Peiwen is genius! We find this nice restaurant that serve delicious and bounty food. We can take as many rice as we wants, it makes me feels ecstatic because I am a rice lover. Peiwen order vegan menu, Rebecca wants pork cutlets curry, and I happy with my fried chicken curry. The rice is cooked nicely not too dry. The curry sauce is bounty and taste good. My fried chicken is the star though, the outside is crispy but the meat still juicy, when you eat it with curry somehow it mix well.. But if you are not curry fans, it also taste good to be eaten by itself. 


We leave the restaurant with full belly and happy face. Peiwen say good bye to us and take MRT to her house, while Rebbeca and I go back to dormitory together. I really loves the food and few days later I going back there again with my friends. I totally forget the location or the of the restaurant, but if you want to know I'll ask Peiwen ^_^


See you on next post.. XOXO..

<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-2024529276457199" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tur Gratis di Singapura

Halo pecinta blog, kali ini aku bakal bahas tentang blog post Singapore Free Tour. Buat kalian yg lagi mau keluar negeri dan milih buat transit, terutama yang mau transit di Singapura wajib banget nyimak post kali ini. Enjoooooy.  Diambil dari blogpost 21 Agustus 2018 berjudul Singapore Free Tour.  Bulan lalu aku mengikuti pertukaran pelajar di National Taiwan University (NTU). Sebelum terbang ke Taiwan pesawatku transit dulu di Singapura selama lebih dari 6 jam. Jadi aku mulai nyari dong kira-kira bakalan ngapain aja di Changi Airport. Setelah searching di internet aku kaget ternyata mereka punya program tus gratis di Singapura, jadi kalian bisa keliling jalan-jalan di Singapura selama 3 jam. Kayaknya bukan aku aja semua orang juga pasti seneng yang "gratis" ya kan, jadi aku lanjut cari informasi tentang program ini. Jadi untuk blog post kali ini aku bakal ngasih tau kesanku ngikut tur gratis ini.  Taraaaa ini dia tiketnya. Jadi setiap peserta tur gratis ini

Weekend Travel around NTU Campus

Today is a holiday. I explore place around the dorm in holiday. I like the architecture here. And I found a tiny area for children to play. The children can play happily here. In Taipei, most of the citizen living in apartment, they don't have their own garden. This public space for children is very useful. This is very nice. The child plays happily Even though I do a solo travelling but I feel safe because the neighbourhood is not crowded. My destination is Taipei Grand Mosque. I search on google map it is not far from the dorm. So I go there and planning to pray there. Taipei Grand Mosque It is not as big as I imagine considering Indonesia grand mosque is so big with 10 floor. The mosque only has 2 floors but it is clean and comfortable. I pretty impress because there are a lot of people in the mosque. Apparently, there is someone die. In Muslim rules if there is someone die then at least 40 people should pray for the corpse and wishing he has a pleasant

Shung Ye Museum and Taiwan's National Palace Museum

Back to my story while I was in Taiwan joining BACT NTU. That day July 14th 2018 we went to National Palace Museum, but first we were coming to Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigin. It located very near from National Palace Museum, only 5 minute walking. We use city bus to go there. This is my first time using bus in Taiwan. I like to ride the bus. It is clean and comfortable, I sit with Sarah and she said she also like to use public transportation.  Inside Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigin We have guided tour here. The tour guide is very good on explaining the content of the museum. First she take us to look around in th first floor. The first floor is about people and natural environment of Taiwan. An introduction to environment inhabited by Taiwan indigenous people is displayed. The interpretation of the aborigin people is displayed in an informative board. There is a Yami (Tao) fishing boat representing the maritime environment. The most interesting part in the firs