Skip to main content

Taiwan's Oolong tea

Actually, I want to post this last week, but I was out of town and didn't have time to finish. FYI, I started writing this post three weeks ago, but I just finished it now. Tea is a famous commodity in Taiwan. I was glad that I had the opportunity to study Taiwan's tea. This class taught by Prof Kai-Hsien Chen a tea expert from Taiwan. He was not only giving a class about tea but he also brings his personal tea collection so we can try it!


He gives us a clear explanation about tea, from the history of tea, tea production, and a lot of other things tea-related. I was enjoying the class, but I couldn't help my excitement watching the tea set and totally couldn't wait to taste it. He started boiling water when the class began, and by the end of his explanation, it already boiling. He lent us a unique teacup. its really nice white porcelain, in nice shape. 


Yes, I taught it a little bit weird because the bigger cup is at the top. The tea is in the smaller cup. After you pour in the smaller cup, cover it with the bigger cup. Then flip it. Yes, you read it correctly! Flip it carefully with your two hands, we didn't want the tea spill out. 



After the bigger teacup is in the bottom, pull out the smaller cup carefully. Again. we didn't want to spill out the precious tea, did we?


Look! The color of the tea is good. It was clear and the smell is so relaxing. Mr. Chen also let us taste the fragrant tea. So, it basically feels like I swallow perfume. The good part is we can put the smaller cap to our eyes so we can relax our eyes. The warm porcelain and the tea fragrant is a really great combination to an excellent afternoon tea. I imagine drinking this tea in the afternoon alone in the garden while watching the sunset. Or in the morning after praying in the mountain with the cold weather drinking a cup of hot tea will feel like heaven. 


See Haruka! She put the smaller cup to her eyes. Then you can take turn on your left and right eyes. I also tried it and it did feel good. After the class over, Haruka, Peiwen, Madeline, and I were looking for dinner. We asked Peiwen a good place near the dorm and she asked us whether or not we try a Nepal restaurant near our dorm. We all never tried it so we agree to have dinner there.


  It was a nice restaurant. It feels awkward for me since it was the first time I eat Nepal food. I didn't know I will like it or not. After confirming the have halal food (for me) and a vegetarian menu (for Peiwen), we order. Before our food come the waiter gives us water, they have a cute cup and I like it. The food itself is okay, it was not bad but not that good either. the price is a little bit expensive for student like us. The waiter is polite and helpful, and we know later that we have to give her tips when we paid for our meals. 

See you on next post.. XOXO...

<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-2024529276457199" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tur Gratis di Singapura

Halo pecinta blog, kali ini aku bakal bahas tentang blog post Singapore Free Tour. Buat kalian yg lagi mau keluar negeri dan milih buat transit, terutama yang mau transit di Singapura wajib banget nyimak post kali ini. Enjoooooy.  Diambil dari blogpost 21 Agustus 2018 berjudul Singapore Free Tour.  Bulan lalu aku mengikuti pertukaran pelajar di National Taiwan University (NTU). Sebelum terbang ke Taiwan pesawatku transit dulu di Singapura selama lebih dari 6 jam. Jadi aku mulai nyari dong kira-kira bakalan ngapain aja di Changi Airport. Setelah searching di internet aku kaget ternyata mereka punya program tus gratis di Singapura, jadi kalian bisa keliling jalan-jalan di Singapura selama 3 jam. Kayaknya bukan aku aja semua orang juga pasti seneng yang "gratis" ya kan, jadi aku lanjut cari informasi tentang program ini. Jadi untuk blog post kali ini aku bakal ngasih tau kesanku ngikut tur gratis ini.  Taraaaa ini dia tiketnya. Jadi setiap peserta tur gratis ini

Weekend Travel around NTU Campus

Today is a holiday. I explore place around the dorm in holiday. I like the architecture here. And I found a tiny area for children to play. The children can play happily here. In Taipei, most of the citizen living in apartment, they don't have their own garden. This public space for children is very useful. This is very nice. The child plays happily Even though I do a solo travelling but I feel safe because the neighbourhood is not crowded. My destination is Taipei Grand Mosque. I search on google map it is not far from the dorm. So I go there and planning to pray there. Taipei Grand Mosque It is not as big as I imagine considering Indonesia grand mosque is so big with 10 floor. The mosque only has 2 floors but it is clean and comfortable. I pretty impress because there are a lot of people in the mosque. Apparently, there is someone die. In Muslim rules if there is someone die then at least 40 people should pray for the corpse and wishing he has a pleasant

Shung Ye Museum and Taiwan's National Palace Museum

Back to my story while I was in Taiwan joining BACT NTU. That day July 14th 2018 we went to National Palace Museum, but first we were coming to Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigin. It located very near from National Palace Museum, only 5 minute walking. We use city bus to go there. This is my first time using bus in Taiwan. I like to ride the bus. It is clean and comfortable, I sit with Sarah and she said she also like to use public transportation.  Inside Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigin We have guided tour here. The tour guide is very good on explaining the content of the museum. First she take us to look around in th first floor. The first floor is about people and natural environment of Taiwan. An introduction to environment inhabited by Taiwan indigenous people is displayed. The interpretation of the aborigin people is displayed in an informative board. There is a Yami (Tao) fishing boat representing the maritime environment. The most interesting part in the firs