Skip to main content

BACT Opening Ceremony

August last year I joined Summer School Programme in National Taiwan University, Taiwan. The programme name  was BACT (Biodiversity, Agriculture and Culture in Taiwan). I wanted to share my experience in Taiwan here with you all. The first day started with introduction and welcoming from BACT Lecturer. Every participant was seated in the bench with name tag on it. So I quickly scanned the room and searching for Rizky Trisna Putri name tag on the desk. This name tag on the table help us a lot to recognize all the participant name. I was so happy that I got a nice souvenir because I can guess who is the first inisiator of BACT.


They gave us a very nice and soft cake. They also provided us with dairy product of NTU. I love milk so much. I prefer cow milk than soybean milk (They give us both). Nevertheless I like it all the snack that given to us.



They give us a black bag and in the inside there are a lot of usefull thing like raincoat, cap, bug sprayer, note, guidance book, etc. They also give us BACT shirt and guidence book that we will need to help us through out the programme. We all need to change and use BACT shirt for opening ceremony. Actually I get a little bit culture shock here. In NTU student doesn’t have to wear formal clothes like in Indonesia. I love the cap that given to us though. It does help when the sun light too strong. Moreover it was summer when I go there last year.  


Our seat for opening ceremony is already have name on it. I guess it help us to getting to know each other and see every one name. One by one every participant introduce their self. Little did they know I was nervous at that time >_< I use to speak in front of a lot of people but that day is the first time I introduce myself in english and in front of a lot of student all around the world and my mother language is Bahasa Indonesia. Moreover there are American student who already speaking English since they are baby get me the introduction phase more though to me. Luckily I can introduce myself clearly and the student are smiling so I know they get what I was saying ^_^


After all the session ends we take picture together with the dean and professor of NTU. We look still awkward toward each other, but I do believe I will have a wonderfull summer with these people from all over the world.


Next they give us lunch. I am so grateull they provide me non pork food because as moeslim I can not eat any pork product. The lunch is delicious and healthy.


I eat well because I am excited for the next agenda, touring around old Taiwan ^_^

See you on next post.. XOXO..

<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-2024529276457199" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tur Gratis di Singapura

Halo pecinta blog, kali ini aku bakal bahas tentang blog post Singapore Free Tour. Buat kalian yg lagi mau keluar negeri dan milih buat transit, terutama yang mau transit di Singapura wajib banget nyimak post kali ini. Enjoooooy.  Diambil dari blogpost 21 Agustus 2018 berjudul Singapore Free Tour.  Bulan lalu aku mengikuti pertukaran pelajar di National Taiwan University (NTU). Sebelum terbang ke Taiwan pesawatku transit dulu di Singapura selama lebih dari 6 jam. Jadi aku mulai nyari dong kira-kira bakalan ngapain aja di Changi Airport. Setelah searching di internet aku kaget ternyata mereka punya program tus gratis di Singapura, jadi kalian bisa keliling jalan-jalan di Singapura selama 3 jam. Kayaknya bukan aku aja semua orang juga pasti seneng yang "gratis" ya kan, jadi aku lanjut cari informasi tentang program ini. Jadi untuk blog post kali ini aku bakal ngasih tau kesanku ngikut tur gratis ini.  Taraaaa ini dia tiketnya. Jadi setiap peserta tur gratis ini

Weekend Travel around NTU Campus

Today is a holiday. I explore place around the dorm in holiday. I like the architecture here. And I found a tiny area for children to play. The children can play happily here. In Taipei, most of the citizen living in apartment, they don't have their own garden. This public space for children is very useful. This is very nice. The child plays happily Even though I do a solo travelling but I feel safe because the neighbourhood is not crowded. My destination is Taipei Grand Mosque. I search on google map it is not far from the dorm. So I go there and planning to pray there. Taipei Grand Mosque It is not as big as I imagine considering Indonesia grand mosque is so big with 10 floor. The mosque only has 2 floors but it is clean and comfortable. I pretty impress because there are a lot of people in the mosque. Apparently, there is someone die. In Muslim rules if there is someone die then at least 40 people should pray for the corpse and wishing he has a pleasant

Shung Ye Museum and Taiwan's National Palace Museum

Back to my story while I was in Taiwan joining BACT NTU. That day July 14th 2018 we went to National Palace Museum, but first we were coming to Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigin. It located very near from National Palace Museum, only 5 minute walking. We use city bus to go there. This is my first time using bus in Taiwan. I like to ride the bus. It is clean and comfortable, I sit with Sarah and she said she also like to use public transportation.  Inside Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigin We have guided tour here. The tour guide is very good on explaining the content of the museum. First she take us to look around in th first floor. The first floor is about people and natural environment of Taiwan. An introduction to environment inhabited by Taiwan indigenous people is displayed. The interpretation of the aborigin people is displayed in an informative board. There is a Yami (Tao) fishing boat representing the maritime environment. The most interesting part in the firs